Steps to Backup iPhone Contacts to PC
1. Run the iTunes, and connect the iPhone with the USB cable.
2. After your iPhone is detected go to Info tab.
3. In the Contacts section, check the box and select Outlook as the save file.
The contacts can be saved in other files as well but Outlook is a better and easy way to do this (as shown above).
4. Now whenever you click on the Sync button in the bottom, it will save all your iPhone contacts in the Outlook file of your user profile.
If you wish to view the saved contacts, then just open the Microsoft Outlook file and got to the Contacts tab where you will find all the saved contacts.
Now you can save a .CSV file from the Outlook which will make restoration easy.
1. Just open the Outlook and in the File Menu, click Import and Export.
2. Choose Export to a file option.
3. Select Comma Separated Values (Windows)
4. The file then produced will have all your contacts which can now be transferred or restored.
Note: if you make any changes in the contacts stored in your iPhone, the sync button will update the file accordingly.